The Aggieville Mini Maker Faire isn’t possible without the support of some pretty generous sponsors from around the community. Thanks so much for your help in putting on a great event!
Thanks also to Connections Academy, who’s providing free backpacks for Aggieville Mini Maker Faire attendees. Grab one at the info table and use it to carry all of the gear you get at this year’s event!
We’re pretty excited about the line-up for the 3rd Annual Aggieville Mini Maker Faire! Whether you’re into robots, woodworking, weaving, rockets, beer, or bubbles, we’ve got something for you.
A final list of this year’s makers is coming soon, but in the meantime, check out our Facebook page for some previews. See you Saturday!
Registration for maker booths for the 3rd Annual Aggieville Mini Maker Faire is live! Click on the “Makers Apply Here” link to sign up, or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you might have. Hope to see you there!
Tomorrow’s the big day, and we could not be more excited about the line-up of makers we have for this year’s Faire!
- ACME Gift: custom button making
- Big Poppi Bicycle Co.: bike build
- Cattown Hobby: RC cars and drones
- Edimorphosis: insect cooking flour
- Electronics Design Club of K-State: light painting with LED strips, robotic arms with light sabers, an LED table top, and more!
- Echelon UAV: drone photography, drone parts and electronics
- Flint Hills Discovery Center: building a giant rope bridge
- Flint Hills Woodturners: woodworking demonstrations
- Flyover Board Co.: handmade cruiser skateboards
- GDD Boombox: repurposing vintage suitcases as audio systems
- Grey Owl Jewelry: handmade jewelry
- Indescribubble: giant bubble demonstrations
- Innovative Manufacturing Club: 3D printing, custom circuitry, prosthetic design
- K-State Ceramics: pottery wheel
- KCR2 Builders Club: full-scale working R2-D2’s and other astromech droids from the Star Wars movies
- Kansas Quality woodworks Assoc.: woodworking demonstrations
- Konza Rotary Club: water filter demonstrations
- KSU Amateur Radio Club: demonstrations of vintage equipment, Commodore 64, 1930s Teletype machine
- KSU Nuclear Society: radiation puppet show
- KSU Theatre: setting the stage, scenic art techniques
- Manhattan Arts Center: interactive art projects
- Measureball: award-winning design firm previewing their latest product
- Missing Link Eclectic: custom chainmalle jewelry and crafts
- Manhattan Public Library: 3D printing, Makey Makey fruit piano
- Popemoe Entomology Club: insect pinning
- Prairie Folk: handmade goods made of digitally printed and hand block printed fabrics
- RadioShack: RadioShack products and their support of the maker movement
- Salsa and Beets: delicious homegrown foods
- Straight Upp Creative Studio: painting ceramics and canvas
- THREAD Hot & Fresh T-Shirts: make your own custom tee
- Two Crow Press: letterpress printing
- Uncorked Inspiration: canvas painting
- USD 383 Stem: marble maze
- Veronica’s Veil: henna for the body, henna kits
- Who Wood: custom wood art
- Wildcat Creek Watershed Council: rain barrel construction
- Wonder Workshop Children’s Museum: Classroom on Wheels and make it, take it projects
We’ll also have a variety of other activities for young attendees to participate in, like building paper airplanes, molding clay, and working on a giant group chalk mural. Hope to see you all there!
We’re pretty lucky to have the support of some great local businesses. They make the Aggieville Mini Maker Faire possible!
We’re happy to welcome GDD Boombox, a Maker of Merit award winner from Maker Faire KC, to the Aggieville Mini Maker Faire! These creative folks repurpose vintage suitcases into portable hi-fi audio systems. Check out their work and that of many others from 10am to 4pm on Saturday, September 12, all along Moro Street in Aggieville.
The Flint Hills Discovery Center will be back at this year’s Mini Maker Faire, once again building their giant rope bridge in Triangle Park! Kiddos will have the chance to help construct the bridge, walk across their creation, and then work on some rope-making crafts to take home. Come join the fun in Aggieville on September 12!
We’re getting pretty excited about the line-up for this year’s Mini Maker Faire! We’re happy to welcome back one of last year’s most popular makers, the Kansas City R2 Builders Club. These talented folks build “full scale working R2-D2s and other astromech droids from the Star Wars movies.” Look for their droids to be roaming Moro Street on Saturday, September 12!
Calling all makers!
We’re now accepting applications for booth space at this year’s Aggieville Mini Maker Faire. Have a hobby or creative passion you want to share with others? Join us! We’re looking for interactive art projects, woodworkers, robotics tinkerers, potters, drone enthusiasts, hackers, DIY-ers, and more. For more information or to apply for your free booth space, click on the “Makers Apply Here” button on the right side of this page.
We’re pretty darn excited about the maker line-up for our first year!
- Apparatus Arcani: laser-engraved items made from wood, acrylic, and other materials
- Arrow Coffee Company: craft coffee
- Balloon Hats for Literacy/Oh Wow! Balloons: giant balloon sculpture, balloon animals
- Big Poppi Bicycle Co.: bike build
- Chess Club: chess games and discussion
- Christin Hepner: published author, Sparks Fly at Midnight
- Daniel Schapaugh: giant rope bridge construction
- Isaac Stallbaumer: spray paint art
- Kansas Quality Woodworkers Assoc.: woodworking demonstrations
- KSU Department of Chemistry: glassblowing, scientific glassware
- KSU American Nuclear Society: radiation puppet show
- KSU Metals Club: jewelry and fine metal work
- KSU College of Engineering: STEM activities for middle school and high school students
- KSU Department of Theatre: building “stages”
- KSU English Department: poet in a box
- Lindsey Yankey: children’s book author/illustrator, greeting cards
- Manhattan Arts Center: assorted activities for the whole family
- Maker Studio at Science City: 2D and 3D hands-on projects for kids, pinewood derby races
- MHK Flow Collective: flow art with LED/fire/hoop art
- Missing Link/Eclectic: custom chainmail jewelry and crafts
- Mobile Art Garden: immersive aromatherapy mobile art garden experience
- New Media + Humanities: 3D printed prototypes of ethnographic artifacts
- North Central Kansas Library System: 3D printer
- Pawparazzi: specialty dog grooming
- Radio Shack Manhattan: Maker parts, soldering
- Riley County Extension/4-H Youth Development: 4-H youth projects
- Shenanigan Soaps: soaps, lotions, bath/shower items, hair care items
- Sunflower Armory: chainmail jewelry
- The Frosting on Top: crocheted hats and warmers
- ThinkTech LLC: hacker/maker space coming soon
- Two Crow Press: letterpress printer, graphic designer
- UFM Community Learning Center: UFM interactive activities
- USD 383 STEM: cardboard challenge, identify tree leaves
- Vapor Works: 3D printing, milling metal, custom drone/ UAVs
- Veronica’s Veil: henna for the body, henna kits, jewelry